Simon Hegele expands its service portfolio into the field of medical and industrial shielding technology
The next step in the strategic expansion of the service portfolio in the Healthcare Division: On October 20th, 2020, Simon Hegele Gesellschaft für Logistik und Service mbH acquired 75.1% of the shares of Interflex Medizintechnik GmbH, headquartered in Ulm, Germany. The remaining 24.9% remain with the previous owner, Carolin Fiore.
Interflex Medizintechnik GmbH is a leading international company for consulting, development, production, delivery and installation of complete systems for medical and industrial shielding technology - such as shielding cabins for magnetic resonance tomographs in medical facilities.
Simon Hegele is a world leader in the placement, installation and assembly of large-scale medical equipment.
In the future, Simon Hegele and Interflex will act as full-service providers for MRI manufacturers and operators of medical facilities: Not only as an expert in the placement and installation of MRIs, but also in the development and implementation of the necessary shielding solution for safe operation.
In the future, the management of Interflex Medizintechnik GmbH will be headed by Eckard Kurz (CEO) and Roberto Fiore (CTO).
“We have invested a lot in our products and services in recent years and, with our experienced employees, we have enormous potential for development. We are pleased to have found a shareholder in the Simon Hegele Group, with whom we will expand our joint range of services and open up additional international markets," says Carolin Fiore.
Stefan Ulrich, Chairman and Managing Director of Simon Hegele Gesellschaft für Logistik und Service mbH, is also pleased: “Our activities in the field of MRI installation and cabin construction are absolutely complementary. This step therefore enables us to further strengthen our know-how in the future market of medical technology and to further expand our range of services in the healthcare sector for the benefit of our customers.”Back to overview